The Adventure Begins

The Adventure Begins
Skinny Dippin'

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Beginning of "The Blog"




Hello Friends and Family!!  I've been meaning to start a blog of our cruising adventures on MV Skinny Dippin', and now I have.  My first goal of 2011 has been achieved!  Skinny Dippin' is a 35ft Senator Sundeck Trawler.  She has a single Perkins 135.  Single cabin/head configuration with the desirable galley down.  She is the perfect coastal cruiser for a couple.  We acquired Skinny Dippin in the Summer of 2009. 
Survey Day, with a "stand in" boat dog.

The first two summers were spent on the Neuse River at Northwest Creek Marina.  Our main cruising grounds were New Bern, Oriental, Beaufort and Morehead City NC.  We cruised down the ICW (Intercoastal Waterway) in April of 2010 to Carolina Beach for a month of Beach Cruising.  Funny how time gets away from you when you're not paying attention.  We didn't get to do all the cruising we wanted during that month, so in November of 2010, we cruised back south to the Beach to spend a currently undetermined amount of time cruising the Cape Fear and Southern NC ICW. 

Making entries in my Journal...on my new DIY galley cushions made by me
Over the coming weeks, I will update our new blog with excerpts from my paper journal along with photos.  The main goal here is to share with you what we're up to as we prepare for the long term goal of cruising the Great Loop and the Bahamas. 

Thanks for visiting!  I hope you enjoy watching me figure out how to make our adventures an interesting read!

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to your stories and pictures!

    Susan (Delia Rosa)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan!! I look forward to hopefully making it interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Bess and Tom. We will bookmark it and check in on your adventures. Hope to see you in May.

    Don and Lou
    on Moonstruck

    ReplyDelete